Welcome to the page of Faversham Tennis Club, who play at The Recreation Ground, Park Road, Faversham.
The club has three floodlit macadam courts and two junior mini courts and plays tennis throughout the year.
We have men’s and mixed teams in local leagues and hold a club knock-out tournament throughout summer. Fun and family tournaments are also held throughout the year. We have a thriving junior membership from age five upwards.
Coaching is available for adults and juniors.
In 2013 Faversham Tennis Club completed phase 1 of its redevelopment with the completion of a new clubhouse, this was officially opened by Janet Street-Porter and MP Hugh Robertson, and the club obtained funding to complete phase 2 of the redevelopment which was to build two training courts to aid coaching and junior tennis which is a huge part of the club.
Club sessions are held on Saturday afternoons and Thursday evenings. Tuesday evening is ladies’ night and Wednesday evening is men’s match practice.
Full, country, student and invited junior members can play in all club sessions and when there are no matches.
Day members can play from 8am to 3.30pm on weekdays (except Wednesday mornings during term time) and weekends after 6pm, with club sessions on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
Juniors’ group coaching is on Fridays 4pm-8pm and Saturdays 10am-1.00pm (time depending on age/ability). To find out whether places are available, call our coach Kevin Blythe. Juniors and Intermediates play in Local League, National Rover league and Nestle ladder matches.
- Full membership – £100.00
- Day membership – £60.00
- Juniors/ students U21 – £30.00
- 18-21 Category applies only to those in full-time education
* Please contact the Membership Secretary for further details.
- Private coaching for adults and juniors available from our LTA qualified coaches.
- Ladies coaching sessions (members and non-members) Wednesdays, 9.30am-12.00pm and Friday 1pm to 3pm, term time only. Ring Kevin Blythe on the number above for details.
Pay-and-play sessions for non-members
- £3 a session [balls provided]
- Any ability welcome.
- You need a racquet, sports clothes and proper tennis shoes.
- Please, no jeans.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 10am-12 noon; Friday, 9.30am-11am
Faversham Tennis Club
Kent ME13 8ES